Living at the top of the American continent has its benefits. We are the continental divide. The plus side is that I live in great place, the minus is that it's cold and you have to drive 100 miles if you like the mall. But that's okay, I love it here.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dang, you stink.

Just a quick post to start my 16 hour day today. I have the opportunity to drive over to a meeting in Thermopolis, Wyoming for the evening, and since the congress has decided not to do any real work so they can make republicans look bad, our budgets for travel are pretty cramped. That means driving home in the middle of the night.
Dang, today sucks. Something trivial to many people, losing, just kills me. It's strange that I should dislike something I'm so good at, but it happened again. Las night was the YMCA league championship game. I should have known last week what would happen this week. Last week I dropped 23, and since I'm notoriously streaky, I should have known that I would suck last night. Bad Timing, but I'm good at that too.
It's almost painful to admit, but I'm just not a lucky guy. Don't get me wrong, I do fairly well at most things, but it is not luck related. Fact is, I can't remmember the last time I really won something as in "I'm number 1" (which by the way was my basketball number). Let's see, softball, 2nd, bball, second, triathlon, not even close to second. Wait let's try college, let's see, bbal, second, battle-o-the bands, second, first chair in the orchestra, no, second. High school? Football, second in the league, bbal, second...Deacons quorum stake bbal champ...second.?? This is a disturbing trend. In fact it can no longer be considered a trend, it is a law of the universe. I have won a few things, pretty much all related to endeavors that I realy didn't think were up there with YMCA basketball God. Some debate and speech and knowledge stuff. You know, not the kind of stuff that chicks dig.
I hate losing. Some people dislike it, I HATE it. I still remmeber vividly the feeling of losing in football games, of getting bounced from the regional tourney. I just can't stand to lose, and I'm not the guy you want to go up to and say, "good game, nice try". If I had a good game, you'd be the loser.
I went home last night and had a long hot shower. I scrubbed alot trying to wash off the loser. I woke up and swam for half an hour hoping the endorphins and chlorine would kill the smell of loser, stil ripe on my countanence. It didn't work, I still stink.

1 Comments:

Blogger janaya said...

"if i had a good game, you'd be the loser"... i'm going to use that! mark my words... one day, i will use it. :) (i'll give you credit for the genius of it, of course)

7:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home