Living at the top of the American continent has its benefits. We are the continental divide. The plus side is that I live in great place, the minus is that it's cold and you have to drive 100 miles if you like the mall. But that's okay, I love it here.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

St. Valentines Day Massacre

Febuary 14th, don't forget that date. The local YMCA did. They scheduled our basketball tourney for, you guessed it, Valentines day. I wish I was kiding, but I'm not. Can you imagine the type of stress that this puts on a guy, or to be selfish lets say me? You know the ESPN commercial with the guy "Jerry, Dr. Hoops". I am basically that guy. My youth has left me, as has an inch or two of the vertical, but in my own mind I'm basically "the man". Oh ya, I'm scoring like 17 points a night in the YMCA league. I'm like a YMCA quisi all-star, which means I'm basically the Mo Williams of YMCA basketball. You don't know who that is? I'm that guy.

Mediocrity is my thing. I think I have ADD, although I'm not quite sure what that means, it's so boring. I love to do alot of things. I'm passable at most, but not really great at too many. I start to do one, get bored and do another (some people call that well rounded, they're very confused). There are the few exceptions. It appears that I have a knack for talking. My wife calls this something else, something about bulls and...I don't know, I was distracted, I really didn't pay attention. So what's a mediocre YMCA wannabe baller who's better at talking than shooting to do? What else? I talked them into changing the tournament date. It was really pretty easy. I just pointed out that our community is fairly small, and the number of divorces that they were about to cause would likely be the demise of society as we know it.

You know what they say, "if you can't amaze them with your intellect, baffle them with bu.." Well, you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger janaya said...

i just had a flashback. haha... i forgot about the king of medocrity thing. so funny.

10:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to an Entrepreuer class at Ricks College school of business. First day of class, the instructor told us to write something to describe ourselves. I wrote "Super Mediocre Woman"

The next thing the professor said was "We want to banish mediocrity."

I dropped that class.

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home